Roving Fire Performers
MELBOURNE FIRE TWIRLER
Hire a captivating fire twirler that moves with rhythm and grace in their performances. Fire acts create unique entertainment experiences through. Their skills range from LED poi, to brightly coloured silks, fire dancing with poi, fans and fire eating. With years of experience, from weddings to main-stage public events, our fire twirlers are bound to leave your guests amazed.
Our expert and professional fire twirlers & fire performers can be booked with a spotter to ensure the safety of your guests. This job can be performed by a security staff member or designated support person. Sometimes these things are best left tot he professionals though.
FEEL THE HEAT
Our expert and professional fire twirlers & fire breathers come with a spotter to ensure the safety of your guests. We’re familiar with talking through the logistics with venues – however we will need permission from the venue before confirming any indoor fire bookings.
Watch a few clips…
Do I need to get venue approval?
Yes, this is a safety requirement.
Do I need to fill out any paperwork for a fire show?
The manager of the venue will be required to sign a Safety Work Methods Statement (SWMS) and send dimensions.
What safety precautions are taken?
- We prioritise safety and ensure all precautions are taken. A SWMS form is filled out and signed by the venue manager of all potential risks and precautions taken.
- Fire safe clothing is worn by our well trained & experienced twirlers.
- Photos of the performance area are to be taken and sent to us for our Fire-twirlers to prepare.
- Our performers carry their own safety Fire blankets, Wet towels, Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of the specific fuel they are using.
- A trained safety spotter is required for dangerous fire performances.
- In Australia, we are fortunate enough to have some of the world’s cleanest fire twirling fuel (Isopar G) which comparatively emits little odor and fumes. This makes indoor twirling possible.
How much space do Fire-twirlers need to perform?
- 2×2 meters space is required for small fire acts such as palm candles or fire eating.
- 4×2 meters square and 2m height clearance is required for standard firetwirling shows.
- For XL special effects fire shows 6 x 6 x 6 meters is required.
- Nothing flammable can be within this space i.e furniture/ drapes/ curtains/ decorations.
- It is the responsibility of the client / venue owner to ensure the space is clear. Performers will not be liable for any damage caused to objects that are within the allocated performance space.
- The ground / floor must be even and not on a slant/ hill.
Are indoor performances okay?
Yes, indoor performances are completely safe as long as the 4×2 meters and 2m overhead requirement is fulfilled. XL fireshows can also be indoors in large spaces of 6x6x6m. Vinyl / concrete / marble / polished wooden decking flooring is safe for fire shows, carpet is subject to burning/damage and not recommended. We provide a fire safety with all our fire acts to ensure the safety of your guests and performer.
Are Outdoor Performances Okay?
Yes, outdoor performances are ok. However, they mostly rely on good weather. If it’s extremely windy a more sheltered area is appropriate. If it rains heavily the performance can not go ahead and a 50% deposit is still required for the performer. Light rain is okay.
Can the performers hang around for some dancing with guests and/or photos afterwards?
Do your performers need breaks?
Roving entertainers that are booked for 1hour or more will require breaks.
1 hour bookings will run as a 3x 5 minute set, with 2x 10-15 minute break in between sets.
2 hour bookings will run as 6x 5 minute sets with 4x 15 minute breaks.
Do your performers have public liability?
Do you need a spotter?
Yes, all fire acts require a trained safety spotter which incurs a $100 fee unless you can provide a trained spotter.
It’s outside on council land/beaches, do we need council approval?
If the performance is to be conducted on a beach or parks on council land you will need to contact your local council to ask for approval first.
What do your performers need to be provided with?
- A private green room (separate room away from guests) to allow entertainers to privately stretch, get dressed, store belongings, and fuel their props.
- If you’re booking a feature performance, then audio equipment/DJ will need to be provided and in some cases microphones.
What time do performers arrive?
What if we don’t have a DJ or any audio equipment?
Can we request custom songs?
Yes, we ask that you provide the songs a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event to allow adequate time for rehearsals.
Can I ask your performers to stay longer on the night?
Extra fees will be incurred, if you wish to extend the performer’s booking time on the night. This will need to be cleared with Melbourne Entertainment Company before we can confirm. In some circumstances performers will have other bookings so this may not be possible.
What if my event is running late?
If you need to push back the performance on the day of your event please know that we may have other bookings and might not be able to accommodate, although we will always try our very best. There is a 15 minute grace period for delays, anything over 15 mins incurs a fee of $50 per 15 mins overtime.